Medical Malpractice Attorney Miami
When you go to the doctor or any other medical professional, you expect to get better, not worse. But unfortunately, that is exactly what happens in some cases. The doctor may give you an incorrect diagnosis, prescribe the wrong medication, or make some other kind of mistake that could have serious consequences for your health and wellbeing. When that happens, you need a lawyer to help you navigate the complexities of medical malpractice law.
For the past 34 years, Robert J. Fiore has been helping victims of medical malpractice in Miami get the compensation that they need so that they can get the proper care that was denied to them by their medical professionals. Medical malpractice is a serious issue, which is why you need an experienced attorney to help you. Contact Robert J. Fiore and he will use his over three decades of legal expertise to work for you.
What Are Examples of Medical Malpractice?
There are many different types of medical malpractice, some of which result in relatively minor injuries and others which are far more serious. The following are some of the more common types of medical malpractice claims:
- Misdiagnosis – This is when the medical professional gives the wrong diagnosis to a patient. This could end up making their actual condition much worse as it goes untreated.
- Delayed Diagnosis – This is when the professional does give the right diagnosis, but only after a long waiting period. Many diseases and medical conditions, like cancer, can progress and worsen if a healthcare professional does not catch it early.
- Prescription Errors – If a doctor prescribes the wrong medication, or the right medication in the wrong dosage, then that could cause serious complications for the patient.
- Surgical Errors – There are many examples of surgical mistakes, each of which could have devastating consequences for the patient. The surgeon could accidentally perforate an organ, operate on the wrong body part, or even leave a surgical instrument inside the patient.
- Anesthesia Mistakes – The anesthesiologist is an important part of any surgical procedure, but applying too much, or too little anesthetic could cause problems for the patient.
- Poor Aftercare – After a serious procedure, such as invasive surgery, the patient needs good post-operative care in order to fully recover. For example, failure to properly monitor incision sites could lead to infection or bleeding, either one of which could cause serious consequences for the patient.
Should I Hire a Lawyer For My Medical Malpractice Case?
You should if you suffered a significant and costly injury because of the malpractice. That is because medical malpractice cases are expensive and time-consuming so you should only investigate and file the lawsuit if your damages are significant and the potential compensation is substantial.
If your medical malpractice case is worth pursuing, then you should definitely hire a lawyer because these kinds of cases can be very complicated. So you will need an experienced attorney to navigate the legal complexities and give you the best chance of obtaining the compensation that you need.
Contact Robert J. Fiore about Your Medical Malpractice Case
If you have been the victim of medical malpractice in Miami, contact Robert J. Fiore. His over 34 years of experience with medical malpractice cases makes him highly qualified to handle the complexities of any such case. In Miami and the rest of Florida, the statute of limitations for a medical malpractice case is two years from the time when the malpractice occurred or when you should have known it occurred. So if you or a loved one has experienced medical malpractice, contact Robert J. Fiore as soon as possible.